Parents and caregivers are a child’s most important teacher. Help your child develop essential language skills by doing the following early literacy activities together every day.
- Library is for families with young children! Come for Storytime, Music and Movement, Ballet, Bookclubs and more!
- Read together every day, even if only for a few minutes. Many children love to hear the same stories over and over, so find favorites!
- Talk throughout the day to your child! Point out what you are seeing and doing together, and ask lots of questions!
- Sing songs and nursery rhymes! Rhymes help your child learn new words and develop listening and memory skills.
- Encourage scribbling! Keep crayons and paper on a table where your child can practice.
- Have fun together! Playtime helps children learn important language and social skills.
From books and story times to family literacy workshops and more, we’re here to support your child’s learning.
Girl Scout Troop #948-RM 4
October 2, 2020 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm